Ryder Cup 2023
🏆 The RYDER CUP is coming to Haverfordwest 🏆
Saturday 16th September
A fantastic opportunity to be a part of the excitement and exhilaration of a team golf event with fellow members. There are only spaces for 88 players so if you want to be involved put your name into any slot on BRS soon!
A summary of the event:
- A team competition open to all members, no handicap restrictions. They will be different handicap categories and the captains will balance them up.
- Team Captains will do a random draw on Sunday 10th Sep to allocate players into 2 teams – USA or Team Europe.
- Team Captains will then put their players into pairs, and put their pairs into a playing order, all done in secret and without the other captains knowing.
- On the morning of Sep 16th, all players will gather at 9am for coffee & bacon rolls and for the playing orders to be announced in true Ryder Cup style. Please make an effort to play in your team colours (USA in red/white/ blue and Europe in blue/yellow)
- 1st match will tee off at 10am and we would like all players to create a true ‘1st tee atmosphere’ and cheer on their team.
- Format will be 4BBB match play with each pair trying to win a point for their team. Play will be from Yellow and Red tees.
- Refreshments will be available on the 11th tee.
- Players who have finished or not started their match should be out on the course cheering on your team.
- Non-playing members are invited to support team captains as scorers, ball spotters etc.
- The winning team with the most points will be presented with a trophy and there will be a team photo for the wall.
The £12 entry includes:
Coffee & bacon roll
A raffle ticket
Free drink on the 11th