We are pleased to announce that we have made reciprocal playing arrangements with Carmarthen and Newport Golf Clubs for our Full members. In summary, our Full members will be able to play social golf at either of the other courses by prior arrangement made over the telephone with their Professional. Members must take a current up to date Handicap Certificate with them as proof of current membership of this Club. This does not include entry into competitions at either of the other clubs and is subject to availability of the tee times.
Haverfordwest Golf Club offers a wide choice of competitions for both Men and Ladies. The Mens Section have regular Competitons, Monthly medals, Turkey Trots and Winter League on a Sat/Sunday throughout the year along with knockout competitions throughout the summer, you also have the opportunity of playing in their Tigers or Rabbits team depending on your standard.
Junior competitions take place on a Saturday afternoon.
The Seniors section play on a Thursday and enjoy a host of competitions and matches during the year while our Ladies section have competitions on a Wednesday, having a choice of morning, afternoon or evening tee times allowing everyone including working ladies an opportunity to take part. There are also many team and mixed competitions played for throughout the year.
Members are asked to follow our common sense dress code and to advise their guests accordingly when they visit.
The club wishes to preserve a “smart but casual golf attire” approach based on clothing that is principally designed for golf. However, dress sense is a highly subjective topic, and so the club would appreciate your support in maintaining the following standards of dress:
Trousers: Tracksuits, and military style clothing are not considered appropriate on the course or within the clubhouse.
Shorts: Tailored shorts may be worn at any time, men are required to wear socks of any colour as long as they are above the ankle.
Shirts: For men, shirts without collars , rugby/football/slogan/vest type tops are not deemed appropriate , although the “Nike” style polo neck shirt is recognized as acceptable golfing attire. All shirts should be tucked into trousers or shorts. Ladies must have collars or sleeves on the course. (Collared Sleevless tops are permitted)
Shoes: Trainers are not considered appropriate on the course. Shoes worn on the course are not to be worn in the Clubhouse.
Waterproof clothing is not suitable in the Clubhouse apart from in the changing areas.
Caps: Caps should not be worn on the course the wrong way round (i.e. peak at the back), and should not be worn in the Clubhouse.
Restaurant: Smart casual attire is expected. Unless stated otherwise for an official function.
This is the policy of The Board of Haverfordwest Golf Club. Its implementation is primarily the responsibility of the management and staff of Haverfordwest Golf Club.
It is expected that the code will be implemented with courtesy and common sense – especially with regard to guests and visitors. However, those who knowingly disregard the dress code may be asked by a member of staff to leave or to refrain from entering certain areas of the clubhouse.
Golf shoes must be worn on the course, with soft spikes only from 1st Apr – 31st Oct.
Membership Terms and Regulations
- Upon joining the Club as an adult playing member you will be issued with a Membership card. This card attracts a Members’ discount on all drinks purchased at the bar.
- The card MUST be produced in order to obtain the Members’ discount.
- The card is a debit and not a credit card. There is no limit to the amount that you can add to your balance, but a minimum payment of £10 must be made.
- The bar staff will not hold or retain any Member’s card behind the bar.
- Cards damaged through normal wear and tear will be replaced free of charge. Lost cards will be replaced at a cost of £10.
- On 31st March cards will be suspended until Membership is renewed.
- The balance on a deceased Member’s card will be refunded up to six months from the date of death upon request.
- If a Member resigns, any sum standing to the credit of his bar card will be surrendered into Club funds.